Frequently Asked Questions About Overhead Cranes.
For most of our clients buying an overhead crane isn’t a regular, monthly or yearly purchase. As a result our customers have lots of questions and we are mindful of that. We manufacturer overhead cranes and install and test swing jib cranes most weeks; we often get asked a range of questions from our customers, from “how to I order a crane” “how much power does a gantry crane draw” to “is my factory floor ok for a beam crane?” This made us decide to create an information page called “frequently asked questions about overhead cranes.”
People exploring the purchase of an overhead crane, even repeat customers ask so many varied questions, we have set out many of them below, and add to this page most weeks.
The most commonly asked questions about overhead cranes, their support steelwork and pillar jib cranes are generally:
- Buzz bar: What is crane buzz bar and how does it power an overhead crane?
- Can you tell me all about overhead cranes?
- Can a crane column, or support steelwork be sunk into or below ground level?
- Crane servicing; when do I need to have it done?
- Crane training: Do I need to be trained to use an overhead crane?
- Different types of overhead gantry cranes what are they there?
- Do gantry or indoor factory overhead cranes need foundations?
- Electricity: How much current or power does an overhead crane use, draw or require?
- Finance: can you buy an overhead crane on finance, or hire purchase?
- How are electric overhead cranes powered?
- How do I buy an overhead crane?
- Free standing steelwork, what steel rails do I need to support a gantry crane?
- I am interested in buying a pillar jib crane, what do I need to know?
- Jib Cranes: What do i need to know before I order a pillar jib crane?
- Knee joints; what is a crane knee joint?
- Overhead cranes explained. What is an overhead crane?
- Pillar jib cranes: What to I need to know about prior to installation and testing?
- Power source for electric overhead traveling cranes: What power supply do I need to do prior to an overhead crane being installed?
- RoTE, and crane servicing an overhead crane; What is the difference, and which do I need legally?
- Training: Do I need training to use a jib crane, a gantry crane or an EOT crane?
- 10 things do I need to know before buying an overhead crane?
- What are the most common types of factory cranes?
- What is an EOTC? :- Electric overhead traveling crane.
- Which components make up an overhead crane?
- What is the maximum span of a crane, or how wide can an overhead crane be?
- Which crane is suitable for inside a factory?
- Why buy from an independent crane manufacturer or supplier?
No question, are too small or too silly to ask, however small or trivial. You are always welcome to call us to discuss, even if the answer is here, or even partially answered on the website.