Flex 4, 6, 8 and Flex 12 Radio Remote Controls.
AG Cranes we are a proud UK stockist of Magnetek Flex Base radio remote systems designed especially for overhead gantry crane and jib crane use. We keep common remotes in stock and most items can be sent out on a next day delivery.
We tend to use the MRX space saving Flex Base standard crane/hoist systems. These are very cost effective, lightweight and work well for for most crane applications and industries. They are very reliable and economical and are therefore the UK’s market leader of crane radio remote systems. They are ideal for using with chain hoists, wire rope hoists, and standard overhead gantry cranes, as well as jib cranes for sale and wheeled A Frame gantry cranes. We use these on all products that we offer!
- Cuts out operator error; pulling on the pendant cable and c-track damage.
- Allows the crane operator to stand at a safe distance from a swinging or unstable load.
- Allows the crane operator to view the load from all angles.
- Proven to be far less expensive than old fashioned crane pendants; as they eliminate pendant cable, c-track and swinging handset damage.
- Results in less operator injuries than pendant control.
- Increased safety.
- Operational and operator freedom from the load.
The Flex Base wireless control system.
The standard Flex Base radio remote control system has a very small receiver, that is easy to fit onto even the smallest chain or wire rope hoists. Including the two six button handsets, the MRX space saver receiver, 1800 mm of connection cable, mounting hardware and instructions, it is delivered in a box the size of a shoe box.
Flex Base radio remote control kit
There are numerous programmable functions to suit all types of applications.
- Spare parts and accessories are readily available at competitive prices. This includes; spare transmitters, protective rubber boots, vinyl pouches or label sheets.
- The push buttons come with gold-plated contacts and snap-action steps, this enables easy use even when wearing gloves. They are rated for more than one million press cycles.
- All you need are two “AA” alkaline batteries, these give you around 100 hours of operation. Rechargeable AA batteries are also an option, to keep your system topped up at all times.
- These remotes offer an expected line of site distance of 100 meters.
- This system is packaged with MRX or Flex Base receivers for a complete solution. See below for more information.
This ultra lightweight radio receiver can be easily mounted on the control panel or hoist, even the smallest of electric chain hoists. It is so light it does not cause the system to unbalance. There are three power supplies (9-36 VDC, 24-48 VAC, and 48-240 VAC), the voltage select feature automatically adapt to the one you are using. It includes 1.8m of cable and mounting hardware. Ingress protection is IP66 rated.
Flex Base 8 Receiver
This receiver is slighty larger and has many control capabilities and options suitable for overhead cranes. You can use additional functions such as lights, magnet controls, and powered lifting devices. Includes 1.8m of cable and mounting hardware. IP66 Rated.
Dimensions: 260mm (L) x 204mm (W) x 83 mm (H) – – Weight: 2.5 kg
Each flex base system includes the following:
1 receiver and 1 or 2 transmitters, we offer a huge saving to buy a spare transmitter at the time of purchase. There are provided with internal antenna.
Manual on CD, transmitter label sheet, wrist strap, vinyl transmitter cover, output cable, extra fuses, jumpers, batteries, and necessary mounting.
We offer four, six and eight 2-speed push buttons, depending on your needs. To quote we will need to know how many buttons and the control voltage you are after.
To prolong the life of your radio remote we recommend the following items to be brought along side your purchase. These items are low cost and will no doubt save you money in and result in less downtime; as your radio remote will virtually never need to be repaired. We will include a set of rubber boots and a lanyard free of charge with any overhead cranes ordered with a radio remote control system until the end of 2020.
Below, people occasionally drop radio remotes. To prevent damage we supply a lanyard fall arrest system.
Lastly we also have an option of flashing beacons or strobe lighting to be used with the radio remote controls. This acts as a warning for the personnel that in the area. See below.
We are also stockist for Telemecanique crane pendants and spare parts. We can even supply a back up pendant for your crane if you require.
Please call, email or send an enquiry through our contact us page, to receive a quotation straight away, or to buy a radio remote from us on please call us today on 01527 894825.
The other type of radio remote is the Flex Ex system- if this is something you are interested in, please let us know and we will be happy to quote.