End Carriages for Overhead Cranes: Top or Side Mounted; for single girder top running overhead travelling cranes.
AG Cranes keep in stock a range of crane end carriages, in fact we probably have the largest UK stocks. The carriages are mainly for single girder top running cranes and our carriages are either side mounted, sometimes called “in shear”, or top mounted. both designs have advantages.
Top mounted crane end carriages.
If the your cranes end carriages are top mounted, the carriages sit under the cranes main beam. This has the advantage of raising the height of the cranes beam and can help save money on the column heights needed to achieve your required hook height. It also allows the cranes beam to pass over particularly tall machines. The only downside of top mounted carriages is that the cranes running rails, or gantry tracks, will be lower. This can be an issue if you have a door on the side of your factory, and drive under the crane tracks from the side.
AG Cranes top mounted end carriages, above.
Shear mounted or side mounted crane end carriages. We stock both, for each size..
If your factory roof is particularly low, or has a side access door every millimetre of headroom, or hook height is valuable. AG Cranes have a solution for this. Most factories have a door at the end and the cranes runs towards it, so the side rails are never an issue. However if you have access to your warehouse from a side door, the higher your cranes rails the better. Fork lift truck mast have a habit of hitting low crane gantry tracks when approaching from the side.
If we mount the crane end carriages in sheer, or on the end of the cranes main beam we can gain much more height, allowing side traffic to drive under the gantry rails without hindrance. We have frequently managed to squeeze cranes into gaps of as little as 350mm from the crane rail to factory roof eaves furthermore SWL is not compromised.
Below shear mounted end carriages. A big plus if you require side access, as they allow your running crane running rails to be higher.
Below top mounted crane end carriages. A big plus if the crane columns are a little short and you need more lifting hook height at no extra cost!
Stock crane end carriages.
No more waiting 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. As suppliers to the UK crane trade, we usually have around 15 to 20 pairs of end carriages in stock and often offer next day delivery; or can even build a crane in less than a a week from a signed drawing and deposit.
- Fully inverter ready.
- Maximum travel speed is 30 meters per minute, minimum 5 meters per minute.
- Motor fan, free of charge to cool the motors when travelling at low speeds.
- Stocked crane bogies; from 1t to 10t SWL, up to 18.5 meter spans. If we don’t have what you are after in stock, we can manufacturer it for you.
- We supply most of the UK crane trade, as well as building for our own clients and crane designers.
- 12 month full parts warranty.
- Fully designed to work with our Banelec INVERTER driven crane control panels.
Side or top mounted crane carriages below, you choose.
We stock new end inverter driven end carriages for common size cranes, offering 12 or 24 months warranty. Standard sizes are for single girder cranes. Top mount and side mount (in shear) connection plates and long travel drives with fans are always included.
Loading of a pair of cranes and end carriages.
BCP long travel end carriages have been sold since the 1960’s. Balkankar Podem are established as a major European manufacturer of overhead lifting cranes, gantry cranes and bridge crane components.
Most up to date crane manufacturers now offer inverter frequency driven products for the travel motion of bridge cranes, because they offer so many benefits.
Advantages of inverter driven 50hz overhead bridge cranes over single or 2 speed traveling cranes.
- Frequency inverters reduce the cranes load sway and hook swing.
- Enhances safety of the operation, reducing wear.
- Extra smooth and gentle movement; starting and stopping, as well as travelling.
- The brakes, gearbox and trolley wheels, are protected against extreme wear and tear. Reverse plugging cannot take place.
- Reduced maintenance cost, as parts almost never wear out.
- Has the ability to alter the cranes long travel speed, within minutes.
- Controls the acceleration AND deceleration of the crane or hoist and most importantly the time taken to accelerate to top speed AND decelerate to a stop.
AG Cranes and BCP now offer frequency inverter options on wire rope hoists as well.
Our crane end carriages wheel bases recommended distance to crane span is 1/7th of the span, therefore smooth movement is guaranteed. We stock the more common sizes of single girder end carriages and can often offer deliver within a week, as a result.
UK Stockists and Distributors Wanted. Call 01527 894825 to discuss.
Lastly, visit is on Linkedin.